Monday, July 27, 2009

What does it cost / how to make sure its legal for creating an online poker game?

I am a C++ coder who has knowledge of winsock and internet gaming... I am working on my online poker game, ex. like full tilt poker or bodog poker, etc... I can make the whole thing myself, make everything thats "sensitive" server side, and packet encryption and the works... I'll even create the website with php and html and host all the servers myself...





But even with all that, How can I make sure I am legally doing this? Will I need to be paying taxes? Is there any startup cost? Will I need to have my random number generator checked by someone? I won't have to provide full source code to anyone right? And I'm not sure how people would be able to deposit money either! What ways are there that I'll be able to do?





Ive tried searching the net for this information but Im not exactly sure what to type in the search box...





Im planning on serving only to USA players... Its been my dream since I was younger to own my own poker site, now that I am able, I want to make sure its done right!

What does it cost / how to make sure its legal for creating an online poker game?
Edit:





Like most people, I misunderstood the legislation. Very useful link.
Reply:i suggest calling the IRS for your tax issues, they also have federal information on what kind of companies you can make


No comments:

Post a Comment