Friday, July 31, 2009

This is a stats question, divided to 3 parts... So bear with me?

a) Fish are bred in large batches and allowed to grow until they are caught at random for sale. When caught, the length of the fish are normally distributed with Standard Deviation 2 cm and only 10% of the fish %26lt; 7cm long. Find the mean length of the caught fish.





b) A large number, n of fish are caught at random for sale and it is required that the probability of there being 10 or fewer fish in the catch which measure %26lt; 7 cm long is to be 0.025 or less. using a suitable approximation, derive the approximate inequality





n^2 - 245n + 11000 ≥ 0





c) Find the least possible of fish to be caught





I'm frustrated... I couldn't understand the second part of the question. But I know how to solve the first part.

This is a stats question, divided to 3 parts... So bear with me?
Hi. Do you understand standard deviation? And how it forms a bell curve. These are mathematically related, and it's the relationship you have to 'get'. The rest is plugging in numbers.
Reply:Hi,


pl. contact me for solution.





I have master degree in mathematics and I have got thirteen ten years of teaching experience in Math at college level and currently I am working as a lecturer for an army engineering college author of math guide.


thankyou


No comments:

Post a Comment