Sunday, August 2, 2009

Statistics, probability, Rolling a pair of dice?

My teacher is nice, but when it comes to explaining the problems it is tough to understand him.


I am having a test soon and I need to understand how to do this type of problems. I kinda need step by step help. Some of the people out there might understand math well, but it is really difficult for me. I have been standing over this problem for a while now, and I keep getting wrong answers. If I get the right answer, I basically played with the numbers, but I still don't understand how to do it. (which wont help me on the test)


please


# 1)


Roll a pair of dice,


let A represent the event that the sum is an even number,


B represent the event that the sum is greater than 7,


C represent the event that at least one die showed 5.


Find


a) P(A)


b) P( A or B),


c) P(A and C)


d)


e) P(A│C)


f)P(C│A)





# 2)


IV. If a person is selected at random, find the probability that his or her birthday is


a) October 8


b) in October


c) on a Wednesday


d) on a day of the week that starts with T

Statistics, probability, Rolling a pair of dice?
Probability is based on the following





Possible Outcomes


---------------------------


Total Outcomes





It is written like a fraction





So for P (A) The probability of getting an even number would be





There are 19 different total outcomes, and 10 of them are even so..





10


___


19


No comments:

Post a Comment