Sunday, August 2, 2009

Roving nerve damage?

I did some strenous stretching about 2 mos. ago (sitting, legs apart, trying to touch forehead to ground). Guess it was too much, b/c ever since I have had random tingling and numbness- starting- very briefly- tingling around my ankles, then numbness in my fingertips (about 1 mo, now gone), and a tingling when bowing my head (still). Now my left leg is numb- thigh, calf- feel cold, although the skin is not numb, exactly.


Being lower-income (w/o insurance) I was seen at a clinic (before leg went numb). MD said to try B12 supplement, and to take it easy with the stretching. Will this heal itself, or, in other words, is it okay to ignore?

Roving nerve damage?
Nerves take unusually long to heal. Take alive as well and don’t stretch too much. You should be fine but it will take a while to get back to normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment